Position Title: Project Manager
Duty Station: Kalemie, Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 March 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Kinshasa and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Law Enforcement Training and Border Management) in Lubumbashi, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the implementation, monitoring and development of stabilization projects related to the mission, in addition to support to the project related to the Congolese National Police and the implementation of the community policing approach in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor, coordinate and implement all project activities related to the sub- office if applicable, ensuring appropriate compliance with IOM administrative policies and Donor requirements.
- Provide technical advice, analysis and input to the Programme Manager, COM and relevant stakeholders on issues that may arise on the project implementation.
- Manage aspects of the projects in the sub-office, in line with IOM and donor requirements, and specifically 1) organize training and other capacity building activities, 2) maintain an overview of construction projects, 3) provide support to civilian authorities and civil society in local security management 4) ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of activities, in coordination with the relevant implementing partners , Donors , the local civilian authority and the Congolese National Police (PNC).
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all project staff members in operations/logistics, procurement, capacity building and trainings, research, analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to the management of financial/budgetary planning, exercise quality control overall procedures and documents, and ensure proper follow-up, as necessary.
- Track and coordinate timely submission of reporting on projects, including ad hoc, monthly, interim, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports. Meet the Mission’s and the donor’s reporting requirements by providing specific data, analysis, and financial reports.
- Liaise and act as Focal-point with relevant interlocutors in order to ensure efficient programme; implementation, thus facilitating information exchange and project cooperation, as well as promoting IOM- implemented initiatives. Accord specific attention to law enforcement and security management institutions and other donors working in the realm of security sector reform in his/her area of intervention.
- Facilitate the development of reports, presentations, talking points, and briefings on project activities.
- Represent the mission and sub-office if applicable, participate in the relevant conferences, workshops, trainings and seminars, and make presentations on assigned topics and activities, in his/her area of intervention.
- Contribute to the timely recruitment of staff and the preparation of budgets for the projects under his/her responsibility. Closely monitor staff performance and progress and facilitate and encourage mainstreaming of gender according to IOM procedures and regulations.
- Contribute to project development efforts for the continuation of existing projects as well as new projects in the related field.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian Management, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience with project implementation, administration and government relations;
• Previous experience in technical advisory, mentoring, coaching and coordination is desired;
• Previous experience providing support to national efforts in the area of security sector reform, law enforcement training/capacity building, law enforcement, operations, public security, security sector management is desired;
• Previous experience in writing training plans, statements of works, standard operating procedures and detailed instructions.
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization, including stabilization process;
• In depth knowledge of security sector reform process, Rules of law and security governance;
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming;
• Knowledge of IOM financial rules and regulations;
• Ability to comfortably speak in public; ability to prepare and provide briefings in English and French.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in French and working knowledge in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of local language, Swahili and/or Tshiluba and/or Lingala is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 March 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 03.03.2021 to 16.03.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2021 53 Project Manager (P2) Kalemie, Democratic Republic of Congo (56880505) Released
Posting: Posting NC56880506 (56880506) Released
Uvira-Bujumbura : Le prix du test-Covid revu à la baisse
Le prix du test Covid-19 à la frontière de Gatumba viens d’être revu à la baisse ce lundi 27 juin...
Plusieurs terroristes du M23 capturés à Bunagana
Des combats opposent, depuis tôt ce dimanche 12 juin, les FARDC aux rebelles M23, en plein centre de Bunagana, en...
RDC : Vital Kamerhe, de la prison à la Primature
La Cour de cassation a décidé lundi d’accorder une liberté provisoire à Vital Kamerhe, ancien président de l’Assemblée nationale, condamné...
RDC : Joseph Kabila dans le filet de la Justice
La justice congolaise a ouvert une enquête visant le clan de l’ex-président de la République démocratique du Congo (RDC), Joseph...
RDC : Félix Tshisekedi et les évêques de la CENCO échangent des propositions pour accompagner le processus électoral
Le Président de la République a reçu ce vendredi 26 novembre après-midi les évêques de la CENCO. Les Évêques ont...
Elections 2023: Moïse Katumbi est arrivé à Kinshasa
G20: Félix Tshisekedi sera reçu à Rome par Joe Biden
Italie : Felix Tshisekedi est arrivé à Rome pour participer au sommet de G20
Le Président Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo est arrivé ce vendredi 29 octobre en milieu de journée dans la capitale d’Italie pour...
Diplomatie : les Emirats octroient 1 milliard USD et 30 véhicules militaires blindés à la RDC
Les Emirats Arabes Unis annoncent la mise à la disposition immédiate d’une enveloppe d’1 milliard de dollars américains pour les...
La RDC signale un cas confirmé de la maladie à virus Ebola
Les autorités sanitaires de la République démocratique du Congo (RDC) a annoncé vendredi avoir signalé un cas confirmé de la...
A la UneIl y a 1 an
URGENT: Joseph Kabila s’est envolé pour Dubai
EconomieIl y a 1 an
Les 12 Pays les plus riches d’Afrique – Edition 2020
A la UneIl y a 1 an
Tanzanie : le président Magufuli favorable au port du masque
DeveloppementIl y a 1 an
Le DCAF recherche des Experts seniors en gouvernance, contrôle interne, contrôle externe des forces de police
DeveloppementIl y a 1 an
Football : le Real Madrid va organiser un camp de détection des jeunes talents à Kinshasa
PolitiqueIl y a 1 an
Sama Lukonde, nouveau premier ministre de la RDC
A la UneIl y a 7 mois
RDC : Vital Kamerhe, de la prison à la Primature
PolitiqueIl y a 1 an
URGENT: Bahati Lukwebo menace de démissionner de la présidence du sénat si l’AFDC-A « n’obtient pas 5 ministères clés au futur gouvernement »