Position Title: Project Manager (Return, Reintegration and Recovery)
Duty Station: Bunia, Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11 March 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Transition and Recovery) in Kinshasa, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the return, reintegration and recovery project for former combatants in Ituri province.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implement, coordinate and monitor all consortium activities related to the project, checking appropriate compliance with donor requirements as well as IOM administrative policies.
- Coordinate the implementation of community development initiatives including quick impact projects, infrastructure development and cash-based interventions.
- Support the implementation of skills-based training aimed at providing alternative livelihoods to vulnerable populations.
- Develop, implement and monitor community dialogue and sensitization workshops in an inclusive and participatory manner to foster social cohesion and reconciliation.
- Facilitate regular monitoring and evaluation of activities, in coordination with the donor, the consortium partners, potential implementing partners and relevant government authorities
- Supervise and coordinate the work of project support staff members in operations/logistics, procurement, capacity building and trainings, research, analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to the management of financial/budgetary planning, exercise quality control over the implementation of procedures and all documents and ensure proper follow-up as necessary.
- Track and coordinate timely submission of reporting on the project, including ad hoc, monthly, interim, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports within the consortium,.
- Coordinate strategic communications’ activities of the consortium project aimed at awareness-raising and information sharing.
- Maintain appropriate partnerships with national/local authorities, state institutions, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders, including effective coordination and information exchange.
- Facilitate regular information exchange, project cooperation and the promotion of IOM-implemented initiatives.
- Facilitate the integration cross-cutting issues such as gender-based violence (GBV), conflict sensitivity, do-no-harm, accountability to affected populations (AAP), environmental concerns and other relevant issues into the project.
- Contribute to project development efforts for the continuation of existing projects as well as new projects in the related field.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political or Social Studies, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project implementation, administration and government relations;
- Prior experience working with vulnerable groups in a highly complex conflict area, particularly in areas related to Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration (DDR), economic recovery, social cohesion, reconciliation, human rights, or peacekeeping;
- Project experience related to one or more of the following topics: community-based reintegration, stabilization, government capacity building, community-led recovery and conflict mitigation;
- Previous working experience with international organization or non-governmental organisations (NGOs) would be a distinct advantage;
- Previous experience in or knowledge of the Democratic Republic of the Congo would be an advantage.
• Ability to analyse and consolidate information succinctly.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in French and working knowledge of English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Swahili or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency…
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 March 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 26.02.2021 to 11.03.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2021 50 Project Manager (Return, Reintegration and Recovery) (P2) Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo (56876265) Released
Posting: Posting NC56876266 (56876266) Released
Diplomatie : les Emirats octroient 1 milliard USD et 30 véhicules militaires blindés à la RDC
Les Emirats Arabes Unis annoncent la mise à la disposition immédiate d’une enveloppe d’1 milliard de dollars américains pour les...
La RDC signale un cas confirmé de la maladie à virus Ebola
Les autorités sanitaires de la République démocratique du Congo (RDC) a annoncé vendredi avoir signalé un cas confirmé de la...
Martin Fayulu considère l’état de siège comme un échec et appelle au retour à l’administration civile
Martin Fayulu Madidi est revenu ce samedi 9 octobre, à l’occasion du meeting de Lamuka, sur la question de l’état...
Jules Alingete dénonce la fraude massive dans les entrepôts des produits pétroliers dans le Haut-Katanga
L’Inspection générale des finances (IGF), a dans un rapport accablant, révèle une fraude massive dans les entrepôts sous douane des...
RDC : « si vous croyez que nous, l’UDPS allons laisser ce pouvoir, détrompez-vous » (Kabund)
Jean-Marc Kabund, président ad intérim de Union pour la démocratie et le progrès social (UDPS), a réitéré la ferme volonté...
Zimbabwe: la justice autorise l’exhumation du cors de Robert Mugabe
C’est finalement au cimetière des héros de la nation que Robert Mugabe reposera pour l’éternité. La justice zimbabwéenne a ordonné...
Denis Mukwege appelle à la création d’un tribunal international
Le docteur congolais Denis Mukwege, prix Nobel de la Paix 2018, a appelé vendredi à la création d’un tribunal pénal...
Élections 2023: « Les opérations d’enrolement des électeurs seront terminées d’ici l’année prochaine » ( Gouvernement)
Le Premier Ministre, Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge, a reçu, ce mardi 7 septembre 2021 à l’hôtel du Gouvernement, les membres...
RDC : le député Henri-Thomas Lokondo est décédé
Le député national Henri-Thomas Lokondo est décédé ce mercredi 10 mars, rapportent les sources familiales. L’élu de Mbandaka dans la...
URGENT: Le président tanzanien John Magufuli infecté par la Covid-19.
Plusieurs membres de l’opposition en Tanzanie ont appelé les autorités à donner des nouvelles du président John Magufuli qui n’est...
A la UneIl y a 8 mois
URGENT: Joseph Kabila s’est envolé pour Dubai
A la UneIl y a 8 mois
Tanzanie : le président Magufuli favorable au port du masque
DeveloppementIl y a 8 mois
Le DCAF recherche des Experts seniors en gouvernance, contrôle interne, contrôle externe des forces de police
DeveloppementIl y a 8 mois
Football : le Real Madrid va organiser un camp de détection des jeunes talents à Kinshasa
PolitiqueIl y a 7 mois
URGENT: Bahati Lukwebo menace de démissionner de la présidence du sénat si l’AFDC-A « n’obtient pas 5 ministères clés au futur gouvernement »
A la UneIl y a 8 mois
Meurtre de l’ambassadeur d’Italie : les forces armées rwandaises et congolaises pointées du doigt.
PolitiqueIl y a 8 mois
Sama Lukonde, nouveau premier ministre de la RDC
DeveloppementIl y a 7 mois
Côte d’Ivoire : décès du Premier ministre Hamed Bakayoko